The unexamined life is not worth living, man.
These are vague goals, in no particular order, for myself in 2021. I think it would be helpful to break them down into shorter-term and specific goals. That’ll come later. For now…
- Give more time to the people in my life. Keep in touch with friends.
- Learn my working limit and respect it.
- Become more comfortable sitting quietly in a room alone.
- Notice the taste of lotus; live intentionally.
- Use a newsletter, or similar, and writing as thinking tools.
- Document what I do as if I was describing it to a stranger.
- Manage my attention.
- Write, at least a little bit, about what I read.
- Read more.
- Keep a personal archive of what I’ve read.
- Remember what I’ve learned.
- Continue studying math and, eventually, ML/AI.
- Continue lifting and working out generally.